Imagine a community where you can work your dream job, live in a fantastic house in a neighborhood with nationally low prices, sending your children to some of the top public and private schools in the country. Dream no more! South Oklahoma City has a variety of housing options. Whether you’re looking to rent or buy, you’ll find housing at all pricing levels, from economically sound apartments to the custom home of your dreams, you’ll fall in love with the options in South Oklahoma City and will want to stay here for years to come!
Come grow with us
No. 2 Best Places for Families for 2017
- The ZIP code 73170, located in south Oklahoma City, ranked high in both school quality and housing affordability, resulting in the Oklahoma City metro being ranked No. 2.
- HomeUnion analyzed neighborhoods with the most affordable homes and high-ranked public schools.
- HomeUnion shows that homes purchase within these ZIP codes will see property values increase faster than others in their metro.
School Quality & Housing Affordability
|Metro||ZIP Code||School Quality Rank||Housing Affordability|
Source: HomeUnion, 2017; The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce POINT!
No. 3 Best Places to Live If You’re Trying to Save Money for 2017
- Oklahoma City climbed in the rankings from No. 13 in 2016 to No. 3 in 2017.
Housing costs are 29 percent below the national average.
- Oklahoma City ranks 10th among cheapest U.S. cities to live in 2017, according to Kiplinger.
- Both the median home listing price and median monthly rent dropped, while the median household income rose over the past year, giving residents more room in their budgets to save.
|Rank||City||Median Income||Median Home Listing Price||Median Monthly Rent|
|1||Virginia Beach, VA||$66,634||$279,900||$1,600|
|2||San Antonio, TX||$46,744||$232,443||$1,200|
|3||Oklahoma City, OK||$47,779||$179,990||$995|